Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A tale of how I got home eventually

So because I am An Adult, I go out late and drink, and I come home under my own steam. 
Getting home is something which often results in me encountering a variety of odd or confronting things. 
For instance, Monday night, I was walking along, and had the bejesus scared out of me by a possum which ran across the footpath in front of me. Possums are in my opinion, mildly terrifying. 
However last night I think tops even last week's experience of my bonding with the Brazilian bus driver. 
Because I'm really mature and responsible, I decided mixing antibiotics with wine was a great idea. What normally wouldn't have made any impact, made enough of a hit to mean that not only on the ride home did I, through the power of my phone call into question someone's integrity because I am ever so slightly paranoid (and if you're reading this, I really am sorry, and I hope you can understand my crazy-person logic), but I had a little zone out at the precise moment I needed to be alert enough to realise I was passing the two stops closes to my house. I ended up a few kms away from him, late at night. However, it was all ok, because when one is slightly inebriated in my experience, time becomes compressed, so what was in reality probably at least a 20 minute walk, seemed like nothing at all. 
I realised as I walked along, that I very possibly at a passing glance resembled a hooker, however I bravely struggled on towards home. 
However, what freaked me out the most was the man walking his dog who (I think) attempted to talk to me, prompting me to walk even faster up my street. My paranoid and alcohol-affected mind envisaged this sinister man with his decidedly unsinister little dogie, following me as  virtually ran towards my house. 


Shockingly I managed to make it back home without being raped, kidnapped, murdered, accosted or anything even close, and the walk sobered me up a little. So I guess, win?

No comments:

Post a Comment