Sunday, August 7, 2011

ALL the precious snowflakes

This is now zombie blog - resurrected from the dead. Why? I'm not quite sure. 


I think I needed to be a precious little snowflake, and where better to be so than on the internet, where everybody can see it! (cue the slightly manic expression)


Anyway, I was examining the way in which certain people (and I'm sure everybody will be thinking of one or two specific somebodies) feel the need to broadcast that they are 'special'. That they have 'issues' and 'problems'. It took me some time to realise, but everybody has problems, which they struggle with. Whether it be an overprotective mother who sometimes seems to be more like a child than her daughter, or a father who is a workaholic, and therefore not always around. It happens, it defines us, move on. Deal with it.


I said to boyfriend (yeah, I found one) once, 'I'm a precious dark snowflake. Don't take my dark, dark issues away from me. I am nothing without them, nothing!'. At the time I was joking, but perhaps there is an element of truth within that. We all seek sometimes, I feel, to define ourselves within our insecurities. It is a part of human nature to seek out the worst. Perhaps this is what drives us to move forward (sorry!), to better ourselves, yet I think all too often, we can fall into the trap of simply dwelling on the negatives, rather than letting them inspire us. 


We are beautiful in our flaws, but I think we are more beautiful, and more...wonderful, when we let those flaws be what propel us above and beyond. 


I guess this is my own moment of zen, and because I am at heart, a precious dark, twisted snowflake (I'm nothing without my crippling insecurities...nothing!!!) I may not be able to take all of my (clearly massive) wisdom. But it's something to return to, even simply for that moment of reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment