Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blogspot is better than Tumbr

Yes, there, I've said it. Take that, tumblr people. 
But I assume you'll want me to justify this radical claim. Here are some of my reasons: 


First of all, the name, 'tumblr'. I mean seriously, try to say it. There are a couple of problems I have with that, without the vowel at the send, it becomes 'tumBLAGH', and that just sounds like someone's throwing up.


Second of all...(well to be honest, if you need to read past the iffy name I'm not sure what I can do to convince you), being on Tumblr makes you kinda like a whore, because you flash your newest post onto facebook with the little 'integrated into facebook' thingy that posts the first line or so of the newest post onto the facebook wallfeed, and makes you want to read it, even if you weren't intending to!!! (and if you clicked upon this article through a link i posted on facebook, it wasn't integrated into facebook, so hush)


Tumbler, sorry....Tumblr, in face, I think I may refer to it simply as Tumblagh for the rest of this article, is like those annoying hipsters who are trying sooo hard to be 'indie'. And so much of it is just re-blogged. I am not a fan of re-blogged things, although there is something rather fitting about it. The hipster is basically a recycled idea, often unoriginal in music taste or fashion sense (I read a great post about this), and this continues on to re-blogging other ideas or posts. I find it frustrating. 


Anyway, I keep being distracted by Pinkie and the Brain clearly intellectual material that surpasses everything. I leave with my thoughts on Tumblagh. 
Also, for those of you who read it, what does Hyperbole and a Half use? Blogspot. Yeah.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment