Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The joys of university bureaucracy (sarcasm alert)

So I'm enrolling. Lucky me. 
It was exciting for about two seconds. Then it just got annoying. I have been warned about the horrors of the university, however the glory of it is impossible to grasp until you actually are in the position of having to actually do this yourself. 


I actually wonder how this was designed. 


I mean, I dislike the way that to actually get the subjects that I want into my timetable to get the majors that I want, I have to ditch subjects that I really really would love to do. 


But the big thing that I find impossible to deal with, is that the website is so user-unfriendly that I simply cannot believe this was created easily. I was talking to my elder sister today, who said that the university arts faculty attempts to determine the way in which they can best torment the students, and I think the first encounter we as students get, is the delightful enrollment system. 
I may not know a lot about creating an enrollment site, but wouldn't it actually be easier to create a simple enrollment list? The energy used to create something as ridiculously impossible as this would honestly be more than creating something that is simple, practical, and straightforward. 


Or, maybe academics find it amusing to create something as difficult as possible. 
And I've been warned that the worst is yet to come. Joy of joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment