Monday, February 21, 2011

Litmus Tests

So apparently I do this thing, where I smile in a particular way at people. The Husband, has named it 'The Alice'. As the much-anticipated O-Week starts this week, I suggested I could just do The Alice, and enchant people that way. He suggested it would be a litmus test. If people aren't enchanted by The Alice, then they can resist my darling smile, and therefore may require more time, and therefore yield a beneficial friendship. Quoth The Husband, 'Resistance indicates failure of one sort. But success of another. More backbone. That's what we like to see'.


It sort of got me thinking, what are my litmus tests for people? 


Well, firstly, that they know what a litmus test is. 
Secondly, their use of the English language, and whether or not they butcher it. I have learned the hard way that a man who butchers the English language, is one who is not worthy.
Thirdly, someone who does not really bother with small talk. My friend who is doing law at another University, just suggested that she was questioning why she ever wanted to do it, as it required small talk, a social nicety which she was not fond of in any way, shape, or form. I can identify with this. While I can do small talk (ok that's a blatant lie, when I really need to, I can sort of do small talk, but only when really forced to), I prefer big talk. Launching right into the things which actually interest me. Who the hell actually wants to talk about the weather? Seriously. 
Sadly I must end this here, as my cat is purring and awkwardly nestled against my arm (and being as inconveniently adorable as possible), making the typing of this excessively difficult.


I will leave you with this thought. Probably one of the best things I've seen in a while. And of course, it goes with my undying love for William Shatner. Everything he is in is simply gold. Here it is.

Oh, and one final confession. I actually can't bring myself to hate Justin Bieber. I actually kinda like him. It's a bit like Lady GaGa....kinda grows on you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment