Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The internet has ruined everything

'All I need is a sheet of paper and something to write with, and then I can  turn the whole world upside down.' - Nietzsche. 
I need to read Nietzsche, as I love so many of his philosophies (screw Jung and Freud and their insights into people).




This is an outdated quote and requires updating. What is this old-fashioned pen-and-paper nonsense? In today's society whatever profound things written by the movers and shakers of the world are only going to affect (not effect) society if they are typed on a computer with an internet connection, and then posted on the internet! This is where tonight's title springs from, as indeed, the internet as ruined many a wonderful thing such as a Nietzsche quote by making it obsolete. Even if in principle it still stands (which it doesn't, really), the practicalities make it pointless. And it's so idealistic...


So perhaps instead of 'All I need is a sheet of paper and something to write with, and then I can  turn the whole world upside down', perhaps it should be:
'All I need is a working computer with access to the internet, and then I can turn the whole blogosphere upside down'.
It doesn't quite have the same ring to it. The internet has ruined it!!

To think I nearly wrote tonight about the women who don't appear to wear pants in the original Star Trek

Be good and study hard kiddies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment